Public Policy & Advocacy
CCM - The Voice of Local Government
CCM's experienced advocacy team:
- Maintains an active year-round presence at the State Capitol
- Develops and advocates public policy initiatives and responses on state-local issues
- Analyzes every bill and amendment introduced in the General Assembly for its impact on municipalities
- Promotes legislation beneficial to towns and cities, and works to defeat or amend legislation that is harmful to municipal interests
- Leads and coordinates coalitions in lobbying on municipal issues
- Provides CCM members with up-to-date information on legislative developments, including fiscal-impact analyses for each town, and proposed regulations and decisions of state and federal agencies
- Intervenes in court cases and regulatory proceedings to protect the rights and powers of local governments and to save them money
Legislative Action Center
CCM's Legislative Action Center provides municipal officials and municipal employees a one-stop location to get timely and pertinent information on legislative and regulatory issues affecting local governments.
We urge you to make this site your first stop each morning to keep updated on critical actions that may affect your municipalities.
Important Legislative Updates
These are the latest reports and publications issued by CCM. For more, please be sure to visit the other pages under Reports & Publications.